Hey everyone, this morning we announced the newest addition to our family of products, FlapJacked Protein Smoothie Mix with Greek Yogurt! You can read the official press release here, but we wanted to give you some more "behind-the-scenes" info on why we decided to develop a smoothie mix.
So…let’s talk smoothies!
When you think about smoothies, the words that usually come to mind are words like: rich, creamy, healthy, fruity, refreshing and so on. All of these are true, I mean, who DOESN’T love a good smoothie??! We love smoothies.
But, there are some downsides to smoothies, such as:
- They can take awhile to make, getting all the ingredients out from the fridge and around the kitchen.
- They’re messy. You gotta clean the blender out and wipe down the counters.
- They can be expensive. Especially if you use organic frozen fruit and premium add-ins like flax or chia.
- It can be hard to tell what the total nutritionals are. Throw in a banana? Well, that’s 14g of sugar right there. Add up all the ingredients and sometimes your "healthy smoothie" really becomes a carb bomb! 😃
As a family-oriented company, we’ve been experiencing the good and bad of smoothies with our kids lately. Which gave us the idea to take it on as our next company product. And like we did with pancakes and then muffins, how can we take what we love about smoothies and eliminate some of the bad?
After several months of research and development, here’s where we landed.
- We developed a “just add milk” protein smoothie mix that gives you a rich and creamy, delicious smoothie in seconds.
- We eliminated the need for a blender, so you can say goodbye to those messy blenders and countertops.
- Even though our smoothie mix is power-packed with protein and probiotics and superfoods like flax and acai, we’re selling them for $2.49 apiece. That’s it. Really.
- We took a hard line on macros and capped each serving to 20g of carbs or less. And with 20g of whey protein isolate per serving, it’s a balanced, “macro-friendly” ratio that doesn’t sacrifice on taste.
Even more exciting, we included an innovation in food that we’re especially proud of. For the first time in the market, we developed a smoothie mix with an authentic Greek Yogurt powder as its base. This eliminates the need for refrigeration and lets you enjoy Greek Yogurt smoothies “on-the-go”. Take them to work, to the gym, on a business trip or even a family road trip. Oh, the places smoothies will go :)